Thursday, July 6, 2017

Day 5 - July 5 @Idaho Springs, CO







I am composing this post for the second time today. This morning I had one of those "the dog ate my homework" episodes. I was determined to master using the iPad app from Blogger that I paid for and it went somewhat ok until I tried to publish the draft. It looked like it worked, but did not and I could not recover the work. Loss of data is inexcusable.

So, here we are trying again.

The ride up route six was very interesting with a lovely curvy road and six tunnels. Eventually roadwork cause me to enjoy your at least a half an hour of stop and go traffic. Further, the road continued to curve and at each curve the camber was quite steep. Under stop and go conditions, it was very important to put the correct foot down when coming to a stop. Otherwise the bike would tip right over. In any event all went well and I arrived at Idaho Springs.

After checking into the hotel, I decided to take a walk in the town. I unloaded my Nikon D7200 and checked the battery condition. It was low, and I discovered I do not have the battery charger with me on my trip. I will have to obtain one down the road.

Before I take you on a tour, let me explain the above. A few days ago I went to a restaurant and found the prices on this bottle of wine to be rather intriguing. For 9 oz glass, $8, and for the bottle, $10! I asked if I could take the unfinished part away, and this was the result. Capped, receipt, sealed bag just in case police asked.





 
















There is an artisanal distillery here. Quite pricey, but decent enough as a conversation piece.

Kyle is a chem eng student at Colorado School of Mines.





























After checking into the hotel, I decided to take a walk the town. I unloaded my Nikon D7200 and checked the battery condition. It was low, and I discovered I do not have the battery charger with me on my trip. I will have to obtain one down the road.














No comments:

Post a Comment