Saturday, October 3, 2015

Kingston ON Fall Ride Day 2

It was a cold and windy day, even at 11 am. I felt the wind blow me off vertical while getting the bike ready. V-Star Lady arrived and we agreed that if the day got worse, truly awful, we would just give it up.

In the end, we had a great ride. The wind died, the sun shone, and the heated vests worked great. Here is the route she led the way on:

o
A Senic Route north of Kingston to Perth and Around


As you can see, it was a nice loop, quite good roads. However, the fall colours have not really developed and we only had one photo stop:


The "World Famous Lyndhurst Bridge"


Colour Is Coming Soon


V-Star Lady & V-Star


Ed and San Marino Blue RT

So that was a fine day.


12 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a very fine day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed. I had read about some of the roads and places but had never ridden in the area. I'm glad I was able to get such a competent guide!

      Delete
  2. Hooray, I am glad Karen brought the sunshine with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So was I of course. And, my return ride on Sunday via the 401-slab was overcast mostly. So, the good ride was on the good weather day.

      Delete
  3. Ed, I was such a slogger ... Next time more stops for photos. It will be my new mantra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you lead a great ride. Neither of us was interested in stopping on the gravel and other sites, so it was fine.

      Glad to do this again next year, if you are willing.

      Thanks again for a fine ride.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, only one stop for pics? That sure wouldn't be me... I even turn around for a potentially good photo op, gravel? Bah, humbug ;-)

    Awesome that you got a blogger meeting and a ride out in. I hope you'll gather some more real fall foliage pics for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will surely try. I am looking at the weather for tomorrow or the next day.

      Delete
    2. Sonja - I don't think it was the gravel so much as it was the limited amount of it ... that is having a shoulder of only about 2 feet... no pull outs and a lot of tourists whizzing by, not safe.

      Delete
    3. I hear you, Karen. I admit, that I have more often than not stopped even when there was no shoulder. But traffic was light and there was never a dangerous situation ;-)

      Delete
  5. Looks like it was an awesome ride! Hows the new bike Ed? Loving it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bike fits me much better than the 2011. It's confidence building. And the new engine is more powerful, the chassis more sporty, yet it will be very comfortable on a tour. So, I do love it.

      Delete