Monday, October 26, 2015

Fall Colours in Ontario

Every year, my friend Rodney and I try to take a ride in search of pretty Fall colours. We don't always make it, but last Friday was a fine day and we were able to get off. Actually, when we left my house it had just stopped raining. But, by the time we arrived in Horning's Mills north of Shelbourne, ON, it was sunny and very pleasant.

I made good use of my GoPro POV camera. Some 1.5 hours of video. Takes a lot longer than that to edit it and post to YouTube, of course. Here is 9 minutes of the total ride. Real time for riding the segment shown was a bit more than 15 minutes. Hope you like the resulting video.

And, I will look at the other segments to see if they are worth adding. If they are, I will do more posting.

On the other hand, a little goes a long way, with motorcycling videos.





7 comments:

  1. A beautiful fall day. You managed to find some pretty orange leaves. Looks like a few bare trees already too.

    Thanks for taking the time to process the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's a bit cooler this week, and Dianne and I have some doctor / dentist stuff too, so I may not ride much. If possible, I'll do some more editing.

      Digital editing takes a lot of computation. Yet, on my 8 core desktop, only 41% CPU is used but 100% of disk traffic. I was a bit surprised, figured CPU would govern.

      Delete
  2. Town is spelled Shelburne....went through there a zillion times back and forth to Bruce...JohnB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the correction, John. I find it a crossroads sort of place, there is no "downtown" so to speak. Nice area though. I suspect you would notice some changes, a few more businesses at 124 and 10.

      Delete
    2. KTH Shelburne Mfg. (KSM) is a major supplier to Honda Canada in Alliston. They have about 300 employees and produce almost every hard plastic part for every vehicle built in Alliston. KSM received the Honda NA 2012 top award (the Triple) for cost, quality, delivery. Honda actively encourages suppliers to expand in quiet rural settings with dependable local workforces.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got out for another fall ride on the new BMW. Hopefully the rain and nasty weather is only temporary and you will get another ride in soon, as for me, I've packed it in for the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I may get a bit more riding in, but likely not much. Getting ready to change the oil.

      Seems to me you did pretty well this year. Your posts seem to say that. Have a nice winter.

      Delete