Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Ride to a Covered Bridge


West Montrose Covered Bridge


Back in the mid-sixties, I was the navigator in a car entered in the annual car rally hosted by the Engineering Society at the University of Waterloo. I did not have a car at the time, so I was pretty ignorant of the roads and points of interest around Waterloo. The route took us over this covered bridge...

My Bike Joined by Another Pair

More History is on the Web




Bridge used by Menonite Farmers


Something for Scooterpie

Dar has been in Ontario recently, as any visitor to her blog knows (see on the right for a link to her blog). We have not been able to meet, but I did see something that reminded me of her:

A Rural Bakery

Turned out the raisin tart was tasty. Not like Mum's used to be, she used Black Currants, but it was very good.

Wow, Never Saw Pumkins like This!




Unusual Shapes & Colours

And This Caught My Eye


Very appropriate as we approach our Canadian Thanksgiving in early October.


So, it was a nice ride today.



10 comments:

  1. Awesome covered bridge! I always enjoy seeing the ones in other parts of the world.

    And those squash are so vibrant. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I thought so too. Pure accident. Sometimes you stop for one thing, then find another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the covered bridge colors. It fits right in with the Fall colors. The pumpkins and squash pile is pretty cool. Nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and the season is not over. Late September and all of October can be really beautiful in Ontario. Or, wet and cold and cloudy... . If the weather keeps up this way, it will be a great Autumn for riding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An awesome fall scene ... I've never been to Waterloo, must go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. How are the colours down your way? It's been a while since I was there. I'll look for some pics on your blog early next week, assuming you get a chance to get out and about.

      Delete
  6. Nice post Ed.

    Susan and I have dodged fall by hiding out in Maui, so far. We're on our way back to Canadian reality :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should be warm in Maui this time of year... . Dianne and I have stayed at the Sheraton Maui twice now. Great place and the boardwalk is always enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ed, as you might have noticed I am also a big fan of covered bridges. This one you found is beautiful. Make sure you stretch out the season, and capture some pictures of the fall foliage, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonja, glad you liked the covered bridge. They cost more to build but really extended the lifetime of the wooden bridge construction of the day.

      Off to Kingston this weekend, so I am hoping to get some nice Fall pictures to post. But, while the weather looks ok today, it might not last!

      Delete