Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 17 - Oil Drop Location Found

Twice now, after an oil change, I have seen a small amount of oil under the bike:


As you can see, it is on the right side. After a careful look, the source of the oil has been found:


I have made inquiries about where the tube originates; perhaps the air box. The crankcase may vent there and dump some oil after a change. Will advise when I know more. This is not likely to be a big deal. It seems to be a temporary condition that goes away - likely because the oil level burns off a bit with use.

4 comments:

  1. I know that feeling ... however my issue was quickly resolved with a twist of a drain plug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed:

    Do it the Italian Way. Stuff a rag on the end to absorb the oil.

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete