Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 04 - Gillette, WY to Missoula, MT- Rev 1

11.5 hours and 583 miles. A long day. The bike ran flawlessly. The last 2 hours was not pleasant. Cold, but on leaving Butte, I put on a long sleeved tee-shirt over the short-sleeved one, added the heated vest, turned on the heated seat and handgrips, ... . At one point, the rain came. After a while, it poured, cars pulled over to the side. I lowered the electrically operated windscreen allowing the wind to wipe away the raindrops from my helmet's visor. And, motored on...

These features seem excessive to some purists, but for a serious long-distance ride, they really work well.

I have some video of gorgeous mountain twisties. Must edit and so forth. The uploading to YouTube is always slow from a hotel. My first attempt was to take 549 minutes! Need to figure out how to low-fi the video so it uploads in reasonable time.

There is a stretch of I-90 between Butte and Missoula that is beautiful:



And soon to bed, because the Lolo Pass is tomorrow am.

2 comments:

  1. Great video, just like being there. Need to take care of the bug on the lens though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. I have posted more. And, I included more bugs on the lens, just for you.

      Can't seem to remember to clean it off at rest stops, but I will try next time.

      Delete