Monday, April 30, 2012

Cold but Good Ride Today

At 7:30 this morning, I checked the temp display on the bike. 4 degrees C. It got considerably warmer, all the way up to 6 degrees C!

Before engaging 1st gear, I plugged in the Gears Canada electric vest I bought last February but never used (plugged in) until today. It worked very well. At first, I had it on a lower setting. After about an hour, I realized I was getting cold, a bit of shivering even. Cranked it up a bit, and not all the way by any means. It took a while for me to warm up, but it sure works great.

Both the heated grips and seat also worked well.

I had the seat in the low position today and had taken a couple of acetaminophen before departing. Very little knee pain today, some shin pain. I think the pain was held down by the pills a bit and by the cold a lot more. Sort of like travelling with ice packs on, wearing just jeans.

But a nice ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment